Monday, April 4, 2011

Buying Alternatives

Somethings come and go so quickly that I hate having to buy them. Two that come to mind are textbooks and paperbacks. I've had my fill of both over the years and have been trying my best to lighten up around the house. In fact we've gone from four full bookcases as well as numerous boxes in the garage and attic to just part of one bookcase shared with the Wii and other games and such.

To ease the burden of textbooks I've been using Chegg to rent them for the semester and then just send back when done. Unless you have books that you know are going to stay current and that you'll constantly need to reference in the future, renting is a great way to save on the budget and clutter. When I can't find the book I need on Chegg or another rental site, you can find good used copies on Amazon then re-list when you're done.

The other site I've been using a lot lately is Swap.com for all my book and CD trades. What's nice is that you're in a network with thousands of others so you don't have to wait to trade directly with someone; it can be a three or more person trade to make the connection complete. Try it and see if you like it as much as me.

No comments: